Emmanuel serves a free breakfast in the Family Life Center each Sunday morning in order to reach those in our community -- all are welcome!
Doors open at 7:00 am and hot showers are available. Breakfast is served at 7:00 am and a short devotion and Bible story follows at 8:30 am. Sometimes we have a movie during the Bible story time aimed at spurring conversation about real-life situations and how Jesus can be a real help in all situations.
The Good Samaritan Project is held the 3rd Sunday of each month at Emmanuel in the Family Life Center. We open our doors from 1:00-3:00 pm to provide services to our community.
All are welcome to come and receive a hot meal, shower, haircut, clothing, hygiene items, reading glasses, limited laundry, letter writing to families, and enjoy a movie, along with the opportunity to hear about Jesus.
So far this year, we have served over 380 visitors, given 64 haircuts, and handed out over 100 hygiene bags! You can reach us at the church office for more information.
We also reach out to our community by doing the following:
- Maintaining a food pantry in order to provide emergency food boxes.
- Cooperating with the Community Food Bank in order to keep a food pantry supplied at JB Wright Elementary School. Contact Mark if you'd like to volunteer.
- Keeping coats and other clothing on hand. We are always looking for donations of blankets, coats, sweatshirts...even sleeping bags and backpacks! Dorothea can tell you more about our current needs.
- Providing space for El Rio to offer a clinic on Wednesday afternoons, 1:30-3:30 pm, staffed by a nurse practitioner and her staff.
- Partnering with Arizona Baptist Children’s Services to offer counseling, referrals, and care for hurting children and families.
- Working with New Life Pregnancy Center to provide hope and care to children and pregnant women.
- Hosting a farmer's market event on the first Saturday of each month, November-May, 8:00am-11:00am.
- Opening our doors to Team PREP to develop athletes through hard work, develpment, goal setting, friendship, discipline, effort, and traveling. This basketball program for students from 3rd grade through high school meets Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays in our gymnasium.
Come out and get Involved.